|Deadline||28. November 2019|
|Level||Mid-career (3-7 years experience required)|
AGIAMONDO is the human resources service of German Catholics for Development Cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS), we offer specialists the opportunity to perform a meaningful role in collaboration with local development workers. The CPS is a programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions. It advocates a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Together with church and civil-social partners in Colombia, AGIAMONDO aims to contribute to civil conflict transformation and sustainable and equitable development of the country using peace-building measures.
In order to support the psycho-social work of the Social Pastoral of the Diocese of Buenaventura, at the earliest opportunity, we are looking for a
Social Scientist, Psychologist for the Accompaniment of Victims of Violence (m/f/d), Buenaventura, Colombia
Your new field of activity
Even after the peace treaty between the government and the FARC guerrillas in 2016, the effects of the long civil war in Colombia are still omnipresent. Large sections of the population are suffering under the consequences. In the diocese of Buenaventura, poverty, poor supply conditions and numerous armed conflicts over power, natural resources and land are exacerbating this situation.
In this context, AGIAMONDO offers psycho-social support for victims of violence. It also helps indigenous and Afro-Colombian communities in the region to organise themselves and stand up for their rights. It is recognised by the population as an important player and has established itself as a defender of human rights and supporter of civil society.
As part of an experienced team, you will help to further expand the psycho-social support programme of the Diocese. You will work in an advisory capacity on the development of concepts for local memory work and for dealing with a violent past, thus contributing to sustainable peace and social justice in Colombia. The inclusion of artistic elements such as theatre pedagogy, music, poetry or mural painting is also desired in order to promote collective processes for coming to terms with the past in rural and urban communities.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- You develop training and further education offerings for employees of the social pastoral and voluntary workers, accompany them in stress management and in dealing with stressful situations, and help to continuously improve the psycho-social care of victims of violence.
- Together with your colleagues, you drive local initiatives and support them in shaping memory processes and developing concepts for dealing appropriately with the violent past.
- You advise the social pastoral team in its networking efforts with other representatives of civil society and strengthen local capacities for coming to terms with the past in a collective and participatory manner.
- You are responsible for the proper spending and administration of funds on-site in accordance with the donor guidelines and the specifications of the AGEH. In doing so, you work in partnership with the Secretariat of the Social Pastoral of the Diocese of Buenaventura.
- You have completed a university degree in one of the social sciences or psychology and have therapeutic professional experience.
- You are experienced in the psycho-social accompaniment of victims of violence and are familiar with collective and participatory approaches to trauma work.
- Ideally, you have professional experience in human rights work or in memory and dealing with the past.
- You have a very good knowledge of Spanish and are also able to communicate on sensitive topics in a target-group oriented manner.
- You can act appropriately in the church environment and you identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace work and support these convincingly.
- You are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- A three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the
German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
- Work within the AGIAMONDO efficacy model
We look forward to receiving your application by November 28, 2019, at the latest.
Please use our online application form on our job portal.