|Employer||Women’s Link Worldwide|
|Deadline||20. December 2019|
|Level||Senior-level (7+ years experience required)|
Senior Program Operations Officer
About Women’s Link:
Women’s Link is an international non-profit organization that uses the power of the lawto promote social change that advances the human rights of women and girls,
especially those facing multiple inequalities.
To achieve our mission we:
– Bring a gender perspective and an inter-sectional analysis to human rights law.
– Go beyond the courtroom and use our work in litigation and other legal processes to strengthen the human rights infrastructure, create public debate and contribute to
social movements that can transform society and guarantee women’s and girls’
We strive to create social impact on the following key areas:
– Sexual and reproductive rights
– Trafficking in human beings
– Women and borders
– Women and peace building
About the job:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Program Operations Officer will
manage litigation operations and support management of the Women’s Link program
team and activities. The Officer will work in partnership with colleagues throughout
Women’s Link to implement new or improved systems and processes needed to
improve efficiency, mitigate risk, and align internal operations with our mission and
strategies. Current operational priorities include security and protection, procurement and vendor management, data management practices.
The successful candidate will have working knowledge of nonprofit operations
processes and workflow and must be able to effectively communicate with colleagues atall levels and within and among all functional areas of the organization. S/he will buildstrong relationships with Women’s Link colleagues and external vendors in finance, IT, human resources, and legal/compliance. The candidate will also have demonstrated experience with project and information management; technology implementation; and development, facilitation and implementation of program planning and monitoring.
Roles and responsibilities:
Team Management Support:
• Manage the process and documentation of developing and monitoring of annual
• Develop weekly program team meeting agendas and drive follow-up after
• Prepare project and litigation updates as needed for Women’s Link leadership.
• Develop and/or support activities that optimize sharing of knowledge and
collaboration across the program team.
• Coordinate information flow for budget and expense tracking and reporting, both
overall and for specific grants.
• Assist with the planning and logistics of key internal meetings or events.
Project/Litigation Operations and Infrastructure:
• Implement and monitor internal litigation policies, procedures, and protocols, and
identify opportunities to promote efficiency and implement improved practices.
• Develop and oversee the protection and security protocols that ensure the safety
of staff, offices, clients, and information, including direct management of travel
planning with Women’s Link staff, consultants, and allies.
• Create and monitor contracts and agreements with service providers,
contract/pro bono attorneys, and allies who work with Women’s Link project
• Assess, improve, and manage internal litigation systems and technology,
including document management, conflicts checks and confidentiality
agreements, and time-keeping systems.
• Ensure centralized resources are timely maintained and accurate.
• Manage law library and legal research resources.
Hiring and Professional Development:
• With managing attorneys and chief of staff, coordinate team recruitment, hiring,
• Identify opportunities and coordinate professional development training program
• Work closely with managing attorneys to ensure appropriate assignments,
workloads, team composition, and professional development of attorneys and
• Minimum of 6-7 years professional experience managing complex projects and
teams, including the demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, and
• Minimum of 2 years experience working in a litigation and/or advocacy environment,
particularly in operations or litigation practice management.
• Experience working with senior leadership of a law firm, non-profit, or other legal
organization. Experience in international organizations strongly preferred.
• Minimum two years professional experience supervising support staff or others.
• Ability to handle complex and sensitive information, discussions, and processes with
care and confidentiality.
• Demonstrable experience evaluating risk and implementing risk mitigation
• Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building
relationships, including managing external relationships and internal intra- and interdepartment relationships.
• Expertise in working with technology, particularly as a champion of new
implementation of technology.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including demonstrated skill in
facilitating meetings and delivering clear presentations.
• Advanced proficiency in English and Spanish required.
• Business degree, law degree, and/or project management certification strongly
• Integrity, credibility, dedication to the Women’s Link mission.
• Experience in a legal non-profit preferred.
Location and travel:
This position will be based in Bogotá, Colombia and will require a minimum of 30%
How to apply:
The application deadline for this hiring process is December 20, 2019. If you wish to
formally be considered for this position, please forward a cover letter and CV in English to Ms. Karen Rea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Link Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.