|Deadline||26. February 2020|
|Level||Entry-level (0-2 years experience required)|
Your new field of activity
The implementation of the 2016 peace agreements faces major challenges and requires the support and accompaniment of a committed and informed civil society. Social polarisation, the presence of violent actors and a lack of political will are currently destabilising the peace process.
The National Reconciliation Commission (CCN – Comisión de Conciliación Nacional) was founded on the initiative of the Colombian Bishops’ Conference and focuses its work on the peace and reconciliation process in Colombia. It cooperates in various regions with dioceses and other local players in order to initiate and promote regional and local peace and reconciliation initiatives and to strengthen citizens in getting actively involved in political processes. As part of your activities, you will support and accompany regional reconciliation commissions and local players nationwide, thus making an important contribution to church peace work. The regional reconciliation commissions (CCR) are made up of representatives of the church, civil society and political functionaries.
Bogóta is suitable as a location for families with children, with international schools, nurseries and a good health care system.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- You inform the CCN about measures of the Catholic Church as a peace actor in other countries and advise on context-related implementation in Colombia.
- You accompany local partners in the analysis of the political situation in order to plan and implement joint activities to promote peace and reconciliation.
- You advise dioceses on the orientation of their pastoral work towards peace and reconciliation and support the creation and accompaniment of trustful spaces for dialogue.
- You support the development and implementation of peace education activities in several regions with diverse target groups (universities, communities, victim groups, church players).
- You support the CCN in building local networks and alliances with international peace players in Colombia and strengthen their international lobbying work.
- You are responsible for the proper spending and administration of funds on-site in accordance with the donor guidelines and the specifications of AGIAMONDO. In doing so, you work in partnership with the CCN.
- You have completed a university degree in, for example, social sciences, peace and conflict research, political sciences or theology.
- You have professional experience in the field of non-violent conflict resolution and reconciliation work in a church environment.
- You have previously accompanied peace and reconciliation processes and are familiar with the role of religious peace players in an international context.
- You are familiar with approaches and methods of peace education and the participatory communication of such to various target groups.
- As a member of the Catholic Church, you identify with Catholic social teaching, have work experience within Catholic institutions and convincingly support the concerns of church development and peace work.
- You have very good knowledge of Spanish and are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- A three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the
- German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your application by February 26, 2020, at the latest.
Please use our online application form on our job portal.