|DEADLINE||18. October 2019|
Khemara is currently looking to recruit a person for a six-months internship position with us. The internship is based in Phnom Penh and will commence in Oct/Nov 2019. This is a valuable opportunity to gain development experience and accomplish meaningful work in Cambodia, with a direct and observable impact among beneficiaries and their communities.
About Khemara Cambodia:
Khemara Cambodia is Cambodia’s longest-serving women’s NGO. Founded by previous Minister for Women and now rights activist, Mu Sochua, in 1991, Khemara works to protect, empower and promote the full participation of women and children in all aspects of social development. Our workforce is fully Khmer and 95% women. As a grassroots NGO, Khemara’s programs are strongly embedded in the communities which are served, and provide meaningful support to vulnerable families, especially women and children. In 2017 alone, Khemara supported over 14,000 beneficiaries directly across its projects and a similar amount indirectly.
- Development of project proposals and grant applications
- Assistance with project implementation, monitoring and evaluation. This includes regional travel (all expenses related to these trips will be taken care of by Khemara)
- Management and administration of short-term volunteer assignments
- Development and/or maintenance of partnerships with local, regional and international organisations, local and national government, professional and peer networks. This includes obligations to CEDAW, the UNOHCHR’s Universal Periodic Review in Cambodia and reporting to the Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (CCC)
- Social media engagement
Terms of appointment:
The minimum commitment expected is 6 months, commencing October or November 2019.
Please note that we are not able to pay interns, both due to limited budget and Khemara policy of hiring locally. Our working hours are from 08:30 to 16:30, and are flexible if students require a part-time job to cover all costs in-country.
Khemara is based in Russey Keo district, an area in the north-west of Phnom Penh. Svay Pak village, the location of Khemara’s head office, is a low-income and predominantly Vietnamese community. The most common way to travel to the head office is by motorbike (which Khemara can supply), or by the recently installed cheap and air-conditioned public bus services to the office location.
The office and our partners all operate in English and Khmer.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, open-minded, enthusiastic and detail-orientated, adaptable to new cultural and working environments and NGO constraints. The following minimum qualifications are also required:
- Enrollment or completed studies in fields related to political and social sciences, international development, economics, public health, public and business administration or other relevant programs.
- Strong interest in the aforementioned subject matter or in Southeast Asia.
- General IT competence and command of the main office software environment.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment and/or strong team working capacity.
- Excellent command of English. Khmer language is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the organisation, candidates can visit our website www.khemaracambodia.org
Also visit the Application Link below for more information on the position.