|ORGANIZATION||International Organisation for Organisation|
|DEADLINE||9. October 2019|
IOM requires two interns to provide communications, knowledge management, administrative and coordination support to the above processes and the implementation of the global programme.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Migration & Development Specialist, the successful candidate will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the roll out of IOM’s communication strategy on migration and the 2030 Agenda through the preparation of briefs, fact sheets and other materials in liaison with IOM’s communication department in HQ and IOM office in New York;
- Support the preparation and implementation of the Unit’s capacity building efforts for staff and governments through the preparation of training agendas and training materials such as presentations, groups exercises etc.
- Support the successful roll out of the inception phase of the Global Programme ‘Making Migration Work for Development’ e.g. by assisting in the development of guidance and communications for country focal points, tracking and consolidating responses from Focal Points and Programme Management Unit feedback related to the identification of priorities and needs and the development of project proposals at country level and supporting the organisation and minute-taking of meetings on site or virtually with the programme’s technical committee, steering committee and Focal Points in country.
- Assist in revising, maintaining and populating the M4D Net and its related social media channels (Twitter and Facebook) to respond to the needs of the Global Programme through the revision of content and development of newsletters, blogs, e-Discussions or any other communication pieces as required.
- Support the drafting of policy inputs and advice responding to internal IOM requests for support.
- Support the Unit’s contributions to and active participation in global dialogues such as the Global Forum on Migration and Development including logistical and substantive drafting support for side events, meetings or panel interventions.
- Assist with the logistical and coordination tasks of setting up meetings for the UNNM working group, internal IOM Working Group on SDGs and internal IOM Working Group on Migration Governance at the Local Level.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Training Components and Learning Elements
- Develop a solid understanding of the functioning of a UN agency.
- Understand and support IOM’s key role as coordinator of the UN Network on Migration.
- Gain professional experience working in an international organization in the areas of communications, project implementation, inter-agency coordination.
- Advance substantive knowledge in the area of migration and development, particularly the processes of ensuring policy coherence in migration and development for enhances development impact.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Migration Governance, Economics, International Relations, Business Administration, the Social Sciences, Law, Development Studies, International Affairs or a related field from an accredited academic institution with relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Relevant experience at the national or international level in project development, coordination and/or management;
- Relevant experience rolling out communication strategies and developing communication materials;
- Computer literacy, especially Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and various social media platforms strongly encouraged;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
- Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional enquiries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit the Application Link below and press on the blue “Apply” button to submit your application.